Pakistan Tourism Development Corp. Participated in New York Travel & Adventure Show 2023 along with Provincial Tourism Departments and Private Travel Agents/Tour Operators
January 28-29, 2023
PTDC is excited to share with you the news that Pakistan has won the award of Best New Exhibitor at the Travel and Adventure Show 2023. This leading trave and tourism expo was recently held at New York,USA from 28 to 29 January. Mr. John, the CEO of Travel and Adventure Show presented the award to Mr. Aftab Rehman Rana, MD of PTDC. In his comments on this occasion, Mr. Rana mentioned that Pakistan's participation in Travel and Trade Show at New York has been highly impactful in terms of response from the public and engagement of all the team members throughout two days of the show. The management of the show highly appreciated it a lot and has awarded Pakistan as the Best New Exhibitor of this year. Mr. Awn Chadhury, Chairman of PTDC and Advisor to PM in Tourism congratulated all the members of Pakistan's delegation including the provincial tourism departments and private sector tour operators for their dedication and commitment. He also highly appreciated the support of team of PTDC, TDAP and Pakistan Consulate General at New York to make all this happen.
Welcome to Pakistan
From the mighty stretches of the Karakorams in the North to the vast alluvial delta of the Indus River in the South, Pakistan remains a land of high adventure and nature. Trekking, mountaineering, white water rafting, wild boar hunting, mountain and desert jeep safaris, camel and yak safaris, trout fishing and bird watching, are a few activities, which entice the adventure and nature lovers to Pakistan.
Pakistan is endowed with a rich and varied flora and fauna. High Himalayas, Karakoram and the Hindukush ranges with their alpine meadows and permanent snow line, coniferous forests down the sub-mountain scrub, the vast Indus plain merging into the great desert, the coast line and wetlands, all offer a remarkably rich variety of vegetation and associated wildlife including avifauna, both endemic and migratory. Ten of 18 mammalian orders are represented in Pakistan with species ranging from the world's smallest surviving mammals, the Mediterranean Pigmy Shrew, to the largest mammal ever known; the blue whale.
Tourism is a focused area of the present government. Several initiatives are being undertaken to garner the potential offered by the tourism industry. To develop and enhance coordination with provinces, federal ministries, and private actors, facilitate in the development of policies, strategies, framework, etc, to market and promote tourism potentials nationally and internationally; and capacity building for the provision of quality human resource, the Government has constituted the National Tourism Coordination Board (NTCB). NTCB is mandated to:
- Coordinate with provincial, national and international organizations dealing with the tourism sector.
- Market and Promote tourism potential of Pakistan.
- Facilitate the provinces in developing a regulatory framework for quality standards in the Hospitality sector.
- Coordinate national participation in tourism related international expos and events.
- Develop synergies amongst provinces and regions.
- Provide Technical assistance to provinces to develop institutions in tourism sectors.
As a part of the strategy, the NTCB formulated following thematic working groups to develop strategies and action plans in their assigned specific areas:
- Cultural, Heritage & Archaeology Tourism Working Group
- ECO Tourism Working Group
- Tourism Branding & Marketing Working Group
- Regulatory & Policy Reforms Working Group
- Religious Tourism Working Group
- Investment Promotion Working Group
- Infrastructure & Facilitation Working Group
- Adventure Tourism Working Group
- Trans Himalayan Jeep Rally Working Group